Tuesday, December 14, 2010

field trip

Justin and I had the chance to go see the lights at The Washington DC temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. We went with a couple that is in Justin's ward Shawn and Marcia. They are both converts to the church. There are a lot of converts in the mid-single contingent of the church. Justin drove his jeep down and we were able to see all the BEAUTIFUL lights. I left my phone/camera at Justin's him and Shawn took pictures I am still waiting for them to be mailed to me.
We were able to see the last little bit of a bell choir from another church in Arlington,VA they played "we wish you a merry Christmas" it was really cool. Marcia, Shawn and I walked around and looked at nativity sets from all around the world. Justin sat and waited for us on a comfy couch. Justin did take a picture of a nativity set from Hungary where his sister is serving a mission. We saw nativity sets from Mexico also where his brother is serving. I wish I could tell you which one was my favorite or most interesting but they all were unique in their own way. There were beautiful Christmas trees that people in different places around here had decorated and put on display. AND OF COURSE THE TEMPLE!!! " I love to see the temple I am going there someday"
after the temple we went over to White Flint mall and went out to eat at Dave and Busters we didn't play any games but we had a great dinner. Justin enjoyed showing us where his step-mom lived when she was in this area and where he went to the movies as a teen and where he had worked at PF Changs when he was a teenager.
We drove back home and dropped Shawn and Marcia off and went back to Alexandria.
we are so lucky to have a temple in driving distance from our house even though it is a bit of a drive and through a lot of traffic at least it is do -able some people even in the US have to travel for HOURS or even a DAY to get to the temple. anyone that lives near one is LUCKY

No comments: