Wednesday, December 1, 2010

holiday

Thanksgiving 2010 Justin and I were invited many places.
Weds. night we were invited to of to a pie night at Heidi's in Fairfax, VA I made an EASY banana cream pie. We went over to Heidi's townhouse. It looks great and was decorated nice. We had a lot of YUMMY treats.
Thurs. we went over to Carrie's in Alexandria, VA she had two tables set up. They were decorated nice and she had cute place cards for all of us. I kept mine and Justin's we went around the room and said what we were thankful for for different letters of the alphabet.
here is what I remember we said
G-I don't remember what Justin said.
H- I said hats because they are so cute and I love to wear them
P-Justin said he didn't know
Q- I said I loved how quick my brain thought of things
Y- Justin said he was thankful for Yankee's because they won the war and slavery is bad and we should all be equal.
Z- I said my grandma, Zettie Mae Arbutus, who went by Boots.
those are the letters we got when we went around the room.
After dinner we headed over to Angela's house. she had two or three tables set up and a LOT of people over there. We were full from Carrie's so we did not stay.
We then went over to My Aunt Diane's house. in Fairfax,VA we chatted with my family for about two hours.
we were so tired and so full after that, that we headed back to Justin's
he took a nap and I watched a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, a special about the Peanuts gang on the Mayflower and Elf.
then I went home.
I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and how much it has changed my life. I am so grateful to live here in VA even though I do miss Utah it is nice to have so many single friends. I am so grateful for my friends and family. I hope everyone else had a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

No comments: