Saturday, December 11, 2010

field trip

Carrie and I had a great day in College Park, MD recently ( right now when Justin is reading this he is saying COLLEGE PARK THAT IS IN PG COUNTY!!!) Justin works in PG county and has seen it's seedier side. BE ASSURED that this museum that we went to was just fine.
After a nice drive with no traffic ALWAYS A PLUS in this area. We arrived in College Park. Carrie and I spotted a "disco turtle" outside one local business a turtle sculpture all adorned with disco mirror ball pieces. We were confused about why the building supply place needed a disco turtle outside their building until we realized that we were in The University of MD territory. Justin asked me why I did not stop there and get a magnet. I said that I can always go back there another day to get one. :)
We arrived at The Aviation Museum and were greeted by an elderly gentlemen and a really bored black guy ( I over heard him say he was BORED) the first guy showed us around some and then we were left to explore on our own.
Some of the neat things that we saw were:
a life size ROBOT of one of The Wright Brothers I have never seen a robot that looks this real. He could move and talk it reminded me of a Buffy episode where she is a robot and I thought they can't make robots that look that real...well THEY CAN!!!
we saw lots of old planes
we were able to climb in one plane and take pictures and move the wings etc.
we were able to play some video games
we could dress up like aviatrix ( I think that is the feminine term for aviators)
we made some aviation art work.
and all in all we had a great time.
I got myself a magnet and a little pink plane and I got Justin a plastic cup and a little blue plane.
on the way home we stopped at IKEA!!!! it was my first time going to Ikea. I now want to buy almost the whole store.... and have lots of decorating ideas.

No comments: