Friday, July 8, 2011

field Trip

In April 2011, I went and toured the Lee-Fendall House in Old Town Alexandria, with Carrie, Shawna and one of Carrie's friends from her ward.
This was a dining room all set up. some relatives of Robert E. Lee lived here and then later the Fendall's lived here. Woodrow Wilson once dined here.

When I was a little girl I loved cradles, I had a couple and they were full of my baby dolls.

I want this couch! it doesn't seem very functional. But it would be FABULOUS to take pictures on

see that little glass thing...it is a MOUSE TRAP???? I am so confused like do I jus throw away glass and all... ??? do they die in there... do I shake them out.???

They had this AMAZING doll house there!!! I always wanted a dollhouse when I was little but had to be content to play with my cousin Mary Houston and Elizabeth's.

here I am posing on the stairs on the way out.



I am still wondering what would happen if I stepped through those doors..but one thing is for certain I AM NOT going to be tempted by Turkish Delight...cause that stuff is GROSS!!!

here we all are: Carrie's friend, Keli, Shawna, and Carrie.



It was raining that day REALLY hard and our tour guide seemed like she was in a big hurry. I was not about to get a magnet because she said that they "don't know where they would put a gift shop" all though they had several empty rooms. There was an episode of ghost hunters where they checked it out and determined it was not haunted I don't really believe that because it was used as a civil war hospital. I am glad that I went and it looked like they had some fun stuff to involve kids if kids went so I would go back.

No comments: