Saturday, October 1, 2011

church stuff

This week at church in Relief Society we were talking about charity and service and things and I made the comment about how even if we don't have money or time we can serve where we are, just by being ourselves: here is a story I shared, 
While riding the bus home after a long day in Chicago, there was no room to sit.  I started a conversation with some young guys that were starting at the Univsersity of Chicago for their first year, One of them was Persian so Kevin continued talking to him, I saw an available seat and went and sat down.
I was sitting by a young black girl that was texting a guy on the phone.. He was answering her back, then she said " do you want me to come over and spend the night?" and he did not answer her...she then called him and said " did you get my text?" She was like "well what is your answer?" and from the sound of it he just changed the subject and gave her the run around.. She was like "I am on the bus, I need to know so I know what stop to get off on!" then she said " it doesn't matter why I am on the bus, I just did not want to drive today" ..and things like "what does that have to do with me?"
When she hung up I said to her.. " Hey that guy is NOT worth your time...seriously" ...she had tears in her eyes and said..." I know:( but he has been around since 7th grade and now I am 18". I said "well he doesn't have to keep being around"..She said " I know" I said " you are a beautiful amazing woman" you need someone that is going to text you back and give you straight answers and be a real friend to you" I told her that she deserved that in her life..that all women deserve that. she said "do you have a daughter?" I said " no..but I am old enough to be your mom"
She then said "one day..you are going to be a great mom."
                                إن شاء الله
insha'allah- if it is God's will :)

No comments: