Tuesday, October 25, 2011

field trip

In August 2011, my friend Amanda and I went to Monocacy Battlefield near Frederick, MD. We went into a small visitors center and I asked if we could become jr. rangers.. because I feel like when I do stuff like that I learn more.. they said no .. that they had something for adults called THE EXPLORER RANGER!!!! I have not found any other park since that has that.. It took Amanda and I together three or four hours to complete it.. and it was HARD for real..We drove around and did the driving tour. We also spent a lot of time in the visitor center.. They told us that we were only the THIRD AND FOURTH PEOPLE TO COMPLETE this!!!! the other two it took them a DAY AND A HALF!!!! I now have a little medal explorer ranger pin!!! :) the battlefield was beautiful and I had a great time walking around and chatting with Amanda I am really glad I went.

No comments: