Friday, December 9, 2011

field trip

In September 2011, The Sound of Music Sing-a-long came to Wolf Trapp in Vienna,VA maybe I should type that again.. I kinda feel like it needs to be in caps.. THE SOUND OF MUSIC SING-A-LONG CAME TO WOLF TRAPP IN VIENNA, VA.. I am SERIOUS.. my boss Julia is obsessed with it too and she asked me to baby-sit for Julian when it came..I said no.. YOU HAVE TO TAKE ME WITH YOU and I will sit with Julian and you guys can sit somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omgosh!!! THE SOUND OF MUSIC SING-A-LONG!!!!! I had all these grandiose ideas I did not follow through with like dressing baby Julian and I up.. but we did go.
when we went in they gave us a bag and then later then gave us instructions of things we have to do during the movie like
1. when you see Maria : clap and cheer
2. when you see Gretel : say awwww
3. when you see the Baroness: boo and hiss
4. when you sing "how do you solve a problem like Maria" you had to hold up different things for Maria, like a picture of Maria. a picture of a ghost for the will-in the wisp.. a picture of a clown.. a picture of the word "flibbertigibbit"
5. when Maria asks the Captain for play clothes you hold a piece of fabric up and shake it and say BEHIND YOU!!!! look behind you so she will look at the curtains..
6. we had some of those poppers that we had to pop when the Captain and Maria kiss
7. when we saw Rolf:bark like a dog because his name sounds like a dog.
8. when you saw a Nazi: BOO!!!!! because they are bad..
and of course SING VERY LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!which I did..
Julian liked it for the most part he sat on my lap and said aaaaah.. his version of singing.. and was happy.. he liked all the singing towards the end he really wanted to nurse.. and got sad and some people turned around and gave me dirty looks.. oh well...please..
but the best part of all .. was that while straightening up my bosses place I found the card that he gave her with the tickets in it. .. it said "Somewhere out there is a lady who I think will never be a nun".... awwww .... can I please get a guy THAT nice one day..?? please!!! that will know me that well and get me something THAT cool and GO WITH ME TO IT.. PLEASE!!!

No comments: