Sunday, December 4, 2011

missionary Keli

When I was on my mission in Agoura Hills, CA.There was a member in on of the wards named Brother Sheflo, that I guess went down to LA and bought fake watches and sold them.. I have no idea what he REALLY did for a living but when he got out those fake watches they would fill the dining room table.
I have no idea why but Sister Bodrero and I got really into buying these watches.. they were only between $10 and $30 a piece. I don't know which one of us had MORE watches.. but I know that we both had at LEAST five .. I know that I had
2 fake Tag Heuers (or more I was obsessed with them)
1 fake Cartier
1 fake Rolex
OK so maybe I did not have FIVE but it seemed like a LOT..
He also sold fake expensive pens.(Mt.Blanc)
I had some of those too..
Sister Bodrero and I went over there at the minimum once a week to look at watches or to buy watches or pens of whatever...

We even got the Elders to buy watches.. so all the Elders in our district.. the Newbury Park Stake..and the Spanish speaking Elders in the Thousand Oakes stake.. had a
fake watch and a fake pen.. at least one of each.
I loved these fake watches SO MUCH.. it was so fun to go tracting in swanky Agoura Hills and someone would come to the door and they would say they were not interested and I would be like ....but you have on a Tag Heuer.. I am wearing one too!!! They would be like ok.......but I am still not interested...ahahhahah:)
I remember one time someone said "but yours is fake" I said "well why don't you think that my watch is real?" they said "nothing about it is real"....
I also remember we had a mission leader Brother Sanofsky. His family was so cool. Brother Sanofsky took us out to dinner once and he had on a Tag Heuer.. I was like did you buy that from Brother Sheflo?? he said " um no it is real"..then when he got out a pen to sign the check I said "oh you have a Mount Blanc Pen? Did you get that from Brother Sheflo? " He said no this is real too.. Then I noticed he had on Lucky jeans.. "I said are those real?" He said "yes I paid full price for all this stuff.. but I am starting to wish I had bought it all from Brother Sheflo, because everyone thinks it is fake anyway :)
when I got home
I took those watches to some shady jewerly store in Provo to get the batteries replaced and never got them back.. Oh well I had a lot of fun with them while it lasted:)

1 comment:

Trisha B said...

Yep, that would be my dad!