Saturday, December 31, 2011

missionary Keli

When I was a missionary in Bakersfield ,CA there were two REALLY RUDE male members of the church in our area. We should not have had to deal with ONE but there were TWO in OUR AREA.. they would talk all this junk like
1. " how things were different when THEY were missionaries.. ".. like they were SO MUCH MORE OBEDIENT and HARD-WORKING than ANY of us..
2. that sister missionaries SUCKED.. and were pointless and should not even be out serving because none of us ever "worked"
things like that.. I remember one of them once FOLLOWED us with a BULLHORN saying SISTER MISSIONARIES SUCK!!!!!
one of them lived near us.. and every time he would see us he would accuse us of "not working" or something else lame.. the  other lived by the elders and every time he saw us he would accuse us of "not working" or of "wasting time" or something else like that.
Back then California was doing it's first proposition about the sanctity of marriage... it was before GPS but we had NO PROBLEM finding any members houses..because almost ALL church members had signs in their yards that said "yes on 22" like " oh that must be the house" NOBODY anywhere had ANY signs ANYWHERE that said NO on 22. NOBODY.. crazy how things have changed in almost twelve years.. but back in 2000.. we would SOMETIMES see signs promoting "NO on 22" on a median strip full of weeds .. like someone put the sign up and they were embarrassed so they put it up then ran or something..

so one of those really rude members the one that lived near the Elders was super conservative AND very mean to me.. not a good combination.. he was always talking about gay people in very rude terms.. SO one night at a dinner appointment.. I mentioned to a  member how mean those guys were to us.. this member was like I can't stand that guy either.. so these members helped me make a sign that said "NO ON 22 STOP THE HATE" hahahahahah!!! let me remind you that NOBODY had a NO sign up..and this guy was about as
straight and as republican and as conservative as they come..
THEN my companion and I went to this guys house and hung it on his deck...
yes I know I rock..
my companion would not take a picture of me by it unless I put my name tag in my jacket..but still it was so funny...
......and this is what happens to men that are rude to me.. and crazy.. and conservative and the like...
hahahahhaha!
............the scariest part of this WHOLE story.. both those men WERE MARRIED... and their wives were total introverts and super young and did whatever they said.. super scary...like who marries some jerk like that??

No comments: