Monday, February 18, 2013

dating Keli

My friend recently told me a story about her dating life, I said " may I share that on my blog!" she said " yes" so here you go:

My friend started attending the Potomac Singles ward spring 2012.. She told me that she was going to "sit in the back" and "observe" and "let people, just come to her"

I said that was not a good idea in the Potomac Ward.. because.. well there are a lot of people sitting in the back in the Potomac Ward.. and people are for the most part.. not coming to them..

So she reached out to people, my friend loves to cook, and she loves to talk to people... so she invited a girl that she met, and a guy that she met over to her house for dinner... she thought that they seemed cool and it would be fun to get to know them..

The girl canceled.. but the guy still came.. so that is cool..

She made dinner and her and the guy had a good conversation and she thought... I am not really into him..he is a " bit too quirky for me"...but .. " I bet that we could be good friends!" .. They watched a movie together and they talked some more and then he went home.

My friend was excited! She thought "Yay!!! finally I have made friends..!!! "I mean not that I am not her friend..but I am in the Oak Marr ward.. and it is nice to have some friends in your own ward..

The next day she went to church and saw this guy that had came over for dinner.. and she thought that he had got the same vibe from her that she felt about him.. like " hey, I am not into you like a BF, but we can be friends"

So she said hey and sat down next to him in the chapel..she said as soon as she sat down he got noticibaly uncomfortable and started looking all around...

This is a very common trait in the Potomac Ward.. sometimes when you are talking to someone .. or sitting by someone they will look around.. for someone else to talk too.. like " someone cooler" I just don't even know...

So this guy said to my friend... " um... Um.. I gotta.. um I gotta go pass the sacrament.."  and he got up and took all his stuff.. and walked away...

She thought that he might come back.. but he did not..She said that after the sacrament was over.. he walked right past her.. and did not even look at her.. and went and sat with other people.. and she was left sitting  alone in the middle of a bench..

She said that she felt like everyone in there saw him do this.. because she was in the middle up front .. like basically saw that she sat by him and that he got up.. and did not come back...

She left after sacrament ...crying...

you may think that a little thing like this does not matter..but it DOES matter.. it matters a LOT... little things like this are hurtful.. especially when you have been treated like this for TEN or TWENTY years and you are still not married.. and not only that.. one guy .. that seemed nice enough to eat dinner and converse and watch a movie with you... can't even sit by you for an HOUR at church...


sad times indeed...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

times are definitely different than they use to be, I dont know why some ladies, like you, who are awesome and as cute as a bug and could be such a blessing in someones life is still single. I do know, Heavenly Father has something special in store for you and this young lady you wrote about. I know there are so many out there, but there is a plan for everyone.