Saturday, February 23, 2013

dating Keli

a guy that I know recently read my blog and said that "he could not believe that, that guy had treated me that way" and "that he had texted me to tell me about what a horrible date that I was" He said that he would "never do something like that"

I said "well have you been on any dates that you would like me to tell about on my blog?"

He said yes..and this is that story:

once he asked a girl out .. and they went and had a nice dinner and a nice conversation and they seemed to hit it off...so he asked her on another date... and this time she was cordial.. and still nice but they did not seem to have THAT much to talk about.. but she was cordial...

He thought .. maybe she was having a bad day.. I mean we had a good time the first time... so he asked her out again..she said yes...

this time he said that she BARELY SPOKE TO HIM... that she kept yawning.. and totally ignored him and did not answer anything past a one word answer.. like "yeah" "no" ... "OK" and such..So.. he said he did not call her again.. or ask her out again...

So this blog post is not to write anything about the guy...it is to say

WHY DO PEOPLE GO ON DATES WITH PEOPLE THEY ARE NOT INTERESTED IN!!!!??? seriously why do they... it is like we get a little bit older and just feel like well there is no one left...I guess I will give this person a chance...

NO TRUST your gut.. trust the holy ghost.. trust whatever.. don't go out with people you are not interested in..

you have been interested and been dating people for TWENTY PLUS YEARS .. DO NOT NOT NOT NOT second guess yourself and make yourself go on a date with someone you are just not into...
don't do it because you are depressed..
don't do it for a "practice date" you are too old for that.. that is for teenagers.. if you are old enough to HAVE a teenager .. you are old enough to KNOW how to date and who you want to date...
don't do it because you "feel like you might not want get married" so " you might as well go out with this person...
just DON'T do that that..
don't waste a person's time.. and gas money and money going out with them ONE TIME.. and for sure NOT THREE TIMES if you are NOT INTO THEM.. it is RIDICULOUS!!!!
and don't do it because you are pressured.. like "well I might as well..
have some faith in yourself and some integrity and say
no thank you.. I feel like we would be better as friends...
respect yourself and that other person... no one wants to be on a date with someone that is yawning and not even talking to them...
and no one wants to go on a date with someone and get their hopes up only to find out they are just not into them...

No comments: