Monday, February 25, 2013

missionary Keli

Guess what? I don't only write about dating..

Recently my friend Monica and I were talking about miracles that happen to missionaries and I shared this story:

When I was on my mission, Sister Carrie Christensen and I "whitewashed" into an area that is when one set of missionaries leave and an entirely new set come in.. often that set is a different sex.. so we whitewashed into Santa Paula,CA...

The elders had left us some notes on the white board ( we all had white boards back then) and among the notes was this...

Maria- find her

I am sorry but WHAT... let me mention that Santa Paula is about eighty percent Latino.. and Sister Christensen was a "Spanish speaking missionary"

... in case you did not know.. a lot of people that are Hispanic are named Maria.. how were we supposed to find ONE person named Maria... I mean really...but we prayed to find her anyway..

all of the mission apartments have area books which is basically the addresses and names of the members ..and notes about different investagators they are working with..

the elders had wrote things in ours like
-this guy is really buff- like thanks for sharing that is applicable..

and
-this lady is a really good cook-
OK... well there are a lot of those out there...

so one day when we had only been there a week or so we were kneeling in our apartment praying and I felt like we should go to that ladies house that the Elder's said "was a really good cook"

so we called and asked if she would have us over for dinner.. and she said yes.. and we got there early and were tracting her street and like two doors down from her.. this lady answered the door.. and she said "oh the boys, said you would find me".... We said "what is your name?" she said

Maria...She said "she had been talking with "the boys" and they said "we would find her"

I am not even kidding you... we had been praying and praying that we would find her.. and it had seemed farfetched..and I thought that junk they had written in the area book was so silly... but I got the answer to go to "lady that is a good cooks house" and my companion said "let's tract this street"

and we sure did find her..!!!

and well.. she was not interested in the gospel.. I think that she had been interested in the Elders.. but the gospel not so much but hey that was back in 2000.. maybe she has changed her mind...

but the point is .... WE FOUND HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: