Saturday, July 5, 2014

Keli eats

I had never tried Ethiopian food so my friends and I decided to go to Harar Mesob in Crystal City ( an area in Arlington), VA. We went in March 2014. 

I have every intention of sitting at a traditional table but when I got in the table looked so small. Our party was Michelle, me, Beth, Rob, Maggie and me. I had no idea how they would be able to fit all of our dishes on that table. They said they could actually fit a couple more on their. I was confused so I opted for a traditional table. I should have went ahead and sat at the traditional table because the food is served like this. 
 just one big plate like that. All of our orders are combined on THAT plate I had never heard of anything like it. In the background is the Ethiopian beer that Michelle, Rob and Beth all tried. Some of the stuff was delicious. Some was so hot my mouth burned. Some was just OK. You pick it all up with this spongy bread. That was interesting. 
 Here is a picture of Rob and I with our appetizer their is meat inside that. That window really messed with the lighting even instagram could not fix that picture. 

It was a fun dinner. 

I think next time I want to try Moroccan. 

No comments: