Friday, November 14, 2014

Keli works

Did you know that November has an "international drum week"? I was subbing at the Korean preschool and decided to have the kids make drums.

Jimin with her paper bowl drum

all the kids with their tin can drums.

Jimin getting ready to drum

Sandi gave me lots of extra cans, Jiho had fun using them as a drum set

Jimin and her drum

Jiho and Jimin and their drums

the drums we made!!!



our drums we made out of paper bowls



the kids drumming

more of the kids drumming.

Jimin making her drum set. 



 I have to say that the kids really enjoyed this. The first day we made the paper bowl drums. I just stapled two paper bowls together. They did not last long before they were bashed in. 
The next day I made the tin can drums. I want to give a special shout out to my friend Sandi and her roommate. Sandi's roommate had made several batches of chili and they had forgotten to take out the recycling. I am grateful for that because I was able to make use out of the tin cans. I cut off the bottom of balloons that I got at the $ store and I stretched them over the cans and then put a rubber band on them. They also did not last long. I wonder if I had used "better quality balloons" disclaimer: I have never pondered the quality of balloons before. 
We were able to turn the tin cans over and Sandi gave me so many tin cans that they kids were able to make their own little drum sets. 
I used chopsticks for the drum sticks and we spent quite a bit of time banging on the drums loud and quiet fast and slow and saying our names. We also marched around and had a small drum circle. I would say it was a success! 

No comments: