Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Keli Explores

In October 2014 I was driving around Reston, Virginia when I saw what looked like an abandoned house. I thought whaaaat?

I drove a little bit down the road and the nearest neighbor was a small house with property and no trespassing signs up and a pile of wood and several vehicles outside.

I had no idea that Reston, Virginia had a redneck area.

I had a little bit of time so I went back and took some pictures of the house. 
 This is the front yard.

 A window

 the front door. I looked through that doggy door and saw a couple of big old CDS and an easy chair and tons of other stuff. It was crazy.

 close up of the doggy door. I don't know that I have ever seen a doggy door on the front door. This place for sure had dogs though.

The front yard was huge and all fenced in and the back yard had this tall fence up on the porch and another small doggy door or maybe a cat door. It was interesting. 

 The house number and interesting whale thing. 

 The driveway all looked like this. It was never paved. I dont' know if it was ever gravelled. I did not even know that people had driveways like this in Fairfax County. 

 window near the front door. You can see a lot of VHS tapes in this window.

 interesting tree in front of the house. OK so it looks like it might have been gravelled at one point and maybe is just overgrown by now. 

 the front of the house. 

 that tree and the house again.

 front of the house "instagrammed'

 the mailbox. This road was so busy. I would be getting a PO box pronto. I would not want to risk my life everytime I needed to get my mail " You get the mail you risk your life" said in Herschel Greene's voice.

 the side yard. It is hard to believe that something might have actually been planted here once that they used that owl to try and keep things away. 

 front of the house.

 black and white

 front of the house again.

 another one of the front of the house.

one of the side doors was open.. what is all this junk??

 random cross hanging outside.. so no vampires will get in (obviously) 

 tons and tons and TONS of junk like this in the back yard. and what was this sink doing back there???? Like why did they have it back there??

 back porch. There is a Librace Christmas CD on the steps.

 backyard... omgosh WHAT IS ALL THIS STUFF?????

 there was also a ton and I mean a ton of bamboo growing there. 

so interesting...


You don't want to risk your life getting the mail out of that mailbox! 


























No comments: