Thursday, March 25, 2010

Field Trip



OK So I am really into this park in Chantilly,VA : Ellanor C. Lawrence Park. I have now been there three times and if I was not so broke I might have been there more...I went there during the snow storm.. I all ready wrote about that. I went there again when the snow was melting. There were a lot more people and dogs there that time. Spike and I did close to the same hike that I did with the kids. the pond was still partially frozen and it was really pretty.

I went there a couple of weekends ago in the rain and the mud and it was EMPTY....there was a boyscout troop there but they were leaving... I walked around and looked at some historic buildings. I HAVE TO GO BACK THERE AND TAKE PICTURES!!!!! I MUST I found a trail called The North Loop Trail it is a mile and very easy, it was muddy and the only other people that were on it were two Korean women ( I found that out when I asked them to take the above picture of me and Spike. ) They were so scared of Spike they really thought that he was going to bite them, they said how you know he does not bite... I said I just know ... but he does JUMP!!!! I love the picture that they took of me and I am grateful that they did even though they were scared of the little boy :)

I am going back there this weekend to do that loop again and I am going to add the wild turkey trail in which is just a quarter of a mile :) The ladies said that they go aroun' and aroun' that trail it is good for you. I thought what a cool idea !:)

It is sad that such a beautiful place exists in such a highley populated area but only me and two other ladies and my dog were there even though it was rainy and muddy..

This time Spike and I saw two herds of deer too!:) they were running through the woods..

No comments: