Friday, March 26, 2010

storytime

So when I got here to Northern VA. I thought that I would have a job JUST LIKE THAT!!!.... I really really thought that... but I did not know I was also going to get in a car accident and all that stuff either...so here is the story of how I got my job

my friend Elizabeth told me that I could get a job with her cold calling people and selling them things, the company is kind of like monster.com or careerbuilder, where you pay for us to post on that website..I thought well cool I am good at selling things and I am good at talking to people I CAN DO THIS!!!

So first I got a call on the phone and had a phone interview... He then called me a WEEK later and told me to come in for a real interview, so I go in and I am there for TWO hours like I did not know I was suppossed to bring a lunch... I interviewed with the manager who kept asking me the SAME questions REPHRASED .... THEN when I thought I could not take that ANYMORE they put this lady Frances in there with me who one minute was joking with me then the next minute going off on my one minute talking to me about American Idol next minute all serious... then I had an interview with the manager again... I thought WOW....

Then I WEEK went by... A WEEK!!!!!!!!! and they called me again and said that I had to have ANOTHER interview, so I went back and interviewed with that guys boss and then I thought OK they will for sure hire me now... but they told me that they wanted to speak to my manager at Qwest, I said managers at Qwest don't do that, they have a 1-800 number they told me that if I REALLY wanted that job that I would be able to GET THEM ON THE PHONE WITH MY MANAGER FROM QWEST... I thought really??? wow??? so I sent them an email and gave them SIX references and the 1-800 number. I thought if this is not good enough then I DONT KNOW WHAT IS???? like freak fingerprint me or run a background check on me if you are so concerned with me REALLY.... Heather told me that things like this are normal in VA that sometimes you have to have lots of interviews... I said well I don't like it.,.. They also told my friend Elizabeth that they were worried about hiring me because I seem like a very moral good person and they were worried because there are a lot of trashy people in their office and what would I do if someone sent out sexual emails cause people there do that a lot... I thought um??? I JUST WANT A JOB! if people there want to be TRASHY and send out TRASHY emails OH WELL I JUST WANT A JOB!!! but I realized I did not want THAT JOB!!!!

So I just told them NO THANKS!

I went to a job fair one day in Chantilly and there were about 3000 people there...that is it and I stood in a line for one hour to just see booths that said that I could be in the National Guard or if I had 50 grand extra in the bank then I could buy a Allstate franchise I stood in one line for 20 more minutes just to be told I could apply for jobs at the Washington Post online like REALLY, yeah I could not figure that out on my own I am glad I stood in this line for 20 minutes...

I applyed at a daycare almost to Manassas and all the people that worked there were wearing skin-tight,low-cut clothes that looked like you would wear them in a nightclub.. and it smelled... so I didn't want to work there....

THEN I FOUND MY JOB!!!! which I will right about SOON!!!!

No comments: