Tuesday, March 9, 2010

field trip



ELLANOR C. LAWRENCE PARK!!! ( in the SNOW!!!)


so one of the days that it snowed really hard I took Gabby, Lony, April and Spike to Ellanor C. Lawrence Park in Chantilly,VA. This is a very large park that has a historical area and trails and other things, The kids had a lot of fun in the nature center. They each bought an egg that when we got home they put in warm water and it hatched into either a rattlesnake or a dinosaur. We walked a MILE in the snow with it snowing and snow on the ground there was one other lady there with her german shepard and the lady running the visitor center and a man jogging and THAT WAS IT!!! :) we walked around by the historical buildings and I took the kids pictures with the old buildings, we also walked from the visitor center down to the pond, the kids had so much fun on the way there and I let Spike off his leash when we got to the pond and he went swimming, Even though there were signs every where to be careful, Lony fell into the pond all the way up to his chest.... I heard April shriek LONY!!!!!! He asked me to leave him at the pond and come back and get him but I told him that since he was soaking wet and it was cold the best thing would be to keep walking so that he would stay warm...


Later when we got back home I asked all the kids what there favorite part of the day was and Lony said " when he fell in"....


I guess all is well that ends well


you can't tell but we are all wearing matching hats I bought us at the asian grocery store too:)

No comments: