Monday, March 29, 2010

Field Trip






In Feb. When there was still snow on the ground I went to Great Falls National Park in Great Falls,VA http://www.nps.gov/grfa/index.htm There is a link. When I was a teenager I went here ALL THE TIME... When I was driving there currently I was SCARED.. scared that I had to go 66-495, scared that I had to go on winding, twisting back roads. I thought I DROVE ON THESE WITH MY FRIENDS WHEN WE BARELY KNEW HOW TO DRIVE???? what the??? like did our parents KNOW or CARE??? but I made it there. I forgot that I had to pay... they let me in anyway which was nice..There are things as pretty in UT and ID that you don't have to pay for I guess because Great Falls is MUCH closer to DC it has became a National Park.

Spike and I walked around and went to the overlooks, we walked down some of the trail until I stopped seeing peoples footprints I kept getting in really deep snow so I turned back, There were a few other people there with dogs and lots of people there taking pictures. I have some that I posted on FB.


So Spike and I had fun and it is only 20 minutes from my house, I can go back sometime :)

No comments: