Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holiday


I waited WAY to long to get a costume. I had a million ideas...OK not a million but a few

1. I thought I would be a colonial lady, I looked at thrift stores for anything that looked like it could be like a colonial lady I found nothing and colonial lady costumes online are EXPENSIVE!!!


2. I thought I could be a mummy but IDK I just couldn't find the fabric and I wanted to use the fabric I had for something else.


3. I thought that Justin and I could be Charlotte's Web that I could be a spider and have a web that said SOME PIG and he could be pig.


There were no Halloween activites in 2010 so Justin and I did not go anywhere together dressed up.


Halloween is also my sisters FIFTIETH birthday. So it is my sisters birthday AND I have to confess even though Halloween was on the Sabbath I LOVE HALLOWEEN! I don't consider it Satan's holiday or anything silly like that I just have fun dressing up and getting free candy.


Spike and I drove to Harpers Ferry. I dressed up as some kind of weird pimp hat/fairy /witch... I need to get a costume MUCH sooner in 2011..SERIOUSLY!!!!


my nephew Alex dressed as a cowboy with a real cap gun. my nephew Mark was Darth Vader, while we were trick-or-treating the Darth Vader costume came all apart and I had to tuck and re-tuck in his cape at every house so that he would not be naked Darth Vader.


My lives in Elk Run Estates which are well Estates... so we had to drive to a neighborhood in town. My sister drove around in her SUV and waited for use while we went. We got a lot of chocolate, some big M &Ms, some cheese and crackers, a black plastic skeleton and lots of bowls where you could take "one" A lot of people at these houses had gone all out dressed up and had their yards decked out with all kinds of spooky stuff.. If you live in this neighborhood you have no choice but to celebrate Halloween...one house had Ghostbusters the song playing really loud.


While we were walking to the houses I looked over and saw the Harpers Ferry LDS chapel!!! :) I am glad I now know where that is, so in the future when I am at my sisters I can just go to church there instead of driving back to my building.


After we were done, we drove through Charlestown that was nice they have a cute little town I love to walk around little towns and check out the little shops.


I ate a lot of candy, Justin ate a few big handfuls, and I gave the rest to Bowman and Tenney who had a lot of fun divvying it up.


I know, I know... I went trick-or-treating on the SABBATH!!! but don't look at it that way look at THIS way I went trick-or-treating with my NEPHEWS on my SISTERS birthday :)


No comments: