Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Justin Birthday day Two

On Justin's real birthday which was Mon. November 15th 2010. We went out to dinner at The Melting Pot in Arlington,VA The Melting Pot is a chain and I went to the one in SLC before with Elaine but we did not have the whole meal.
We arrived at The Melting Pot and they were DEAD. The only other people that were there were also celebrating a birthday.
When you go in your order a meal for two ( or more)
you start with cheese, you pick from a variety of choices, I let Justin pick everything because he was the birthday boy!
for our first course we got Spinach Artichoke cheese the waiter came out to the table which has a burner on it and put a metal bowl down and put garlic, spinach and artichoke and shredded cheese in our bowl. He then brought out a variety of stuff for us to dip in the cheese.
for our second course we had salad, we got to choose from a variety of salads, Justin got a Cesar salad, I got some sort of California salad with craisins and a vinaigrette.
for our third course we had an assortment of meats to dip in a broth type thing we also got so many different sauces and such that I was to confused and thought that the meat just tasted fine when we cooked it in the broth.
for our fourth course dessert we got a flaming chocolate turtle which was chocolate, caramel, and chopped pecans that they flambeed at the table.
we got many things to dip in the chocolate and Justin got a piece of cheesecake with a candle in it.
I had to sing him Happy Birthday because at really nice restaurants I have learned they don't sing Happy Birthday to you. My cousin Kristen said that she heard that they don't because they don't want to "disturb the peace" I guess if someone is having a romantic evening.
I did sing to Justin though and I got him a large singing card that sings a song "happy birthday friend" his friend Tom got him a hymnal from the 1940s because he joined the choir..and when I went to buy the card they had a little Frankenstein on clearance for 2$ so I got him that too, he sings The Monster Mash.
We went back to Justin's where the Redskins lost to the Eagles...
other than that it was a good birthday.
We are not all done with our birthday for 2010.

No comments: