Tuesday, March 13, 2012

missionary Keli

When I was on my mission we would meet with people and we read with them out of the Book Of Mormon. When I first got to Bakersfield, CA and started meeting with people I complained to my companions that we "always read 3 Nephi 11" and why could we not read something different... I thought there are so many good stories in the BOM why always 3Nephi 11.. My companions got annoyed at me .. "why couldn't I get it"...
It did not take me that long to realize why we always read 3 Nephi 11 with the people we met with..
3 Nephi 11 is where what the Book of Mormon is ABOUT.. it tells the story of Jesus Christ coming to the American continent.. it talks about how he he established the mode of baptism.. it talks about the basis of how he wanted his church run.. 3 Nephi 11 is what it is about..
Last night I watched my friend Christina's children while she went to Taco Bell, I had the oldest two Jayden and Jocelyn read 3 Nephi 11 with me. I had each of us read 3 verses. I felt the spirit so strong and felt like I was back on my mission ( they were better readers than some of the adults I encountered on my mission) ..What an amazing experience to hear children read the BOM out loud and to be able to testify to children..
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-day Saints is true. I am grateful for the savior Jesus Christ and for the atonement. I am grateful for the BOM and the testimony I have of it. I hope that one day I am lucky enough to have my own children so my husband and I are able to teach them about the gospel and I can one day hear them read out loud from the BOM .. what a wonderful day that will be

No comments: