Wednesday, March 21, 2012

random Keli

I have been reading a book about famous sitcom sets and their "style" while reflecting on some of the shows I have adored and some that I have never even seen an episode of, I remembered this story about " Sex and The City" of which I have never seen an episode. (all though I have read the book)
 While working at a care center in the middle 2000's "Sex and The City" re-run's started being broadcast on TBS or some other station like that. Ruby a resident of that care center who was in her 90's said to me " Keli there is a show coming on tonight called SEX IN THE CITY" ... she said then giggled to herself.. I was like " um OK" Then Ruby told me again "it is called SEX IN THE CITY!!" this time she also said that when it came on, I was not allowed to come in her room because I was not old enough to watch it..
I was in my early 30's.
When it came on I ducked my head in her room
and she said " Keli you can not come in here, Sex in the City is on and you are not old enough to watch it!!!" she then giggled to herself...

a little while later I ducked my head in again... this time I heard  a character say something like "damn" or "hell" or "ass" and she was like ............." well maybe I am not old enough to watch this...."

and just like that, she turned back on BYU TV and watched Andy Griffith, or LHOTP, or whatever was on..

I never heard another word about " Sex in the City"

No comments: