Sunday, March 18, 2012

random Keli

I have read twenty-three books in 2012.. and it is now March. I am hopeful that I will reach and surpass my goal of 52 books this year. When I look over those books I realized though that this year I have not read anything "substantial" or "ground-breaking" or even..a " must-read" .. you know the book you want to tell all your friends that they NEED TO READ IT!!!!...
BUT I have read a lot of fun books..I am reading the works of Charlaine Harris who is famous for "True Blood" in 2011 I read her "Aurora Teagarden series"  now I have started her " Lily Bard series" I really like these short fast-paced mysteries set in small southern towns with women as the hero's and where the women are the  ones that have common sense.. I am also reading Margaret Truman's books she wrote some mysteries that are set here in DC that I enjoy because I live not that far from DC.
I am also reading books that my bosses have laying around and books that are sitting on my bookcase that I got at the thrift store.. because I don't think I can go to a thrift store and NOT buy a book... I also have a list a "mile long" of books that people have told me I "need to read" so I am enjoying the books I am reading and happy with my choices.. I just wonder at what point this year am I going to read a book SO AMAZING.. that I will need to shout it from the rooftops...
I will get back to you when I do..

No comments: