Thursday, August 22, 2013

Keli cooks

While I was in Lewiston,Utah something I really wanted to do was hang out and just spend time with my friends.. When I lived there I used to have people over or go to my friends houses and we would do cooking and or craft projects.. Kathy was nice enough to let me have people over to do this and to help me with the project that I chose.

Megan and Melissa and had asked if we could do a "cooking project" and I looked and looked on Pinterest..but I could not find just the right one.. THEN I remembered I had always wanted to make these apple pies in a jar that I saw on "Our Best Bites" .

Kathy is SO AMAZiNG..she had jars there that she let us use.. she had pie dough ALL READY MADE that we just needed to unfreeze and use.. I got some apple pie filling at Theurers ( the local market) and we were good to go..

Kathy showed us how to roll out the dough and how to put it in the jars and press it up on the sides and how to make the top look cute.

We baked them in the oven and when they came out ..YUMMY!!! 

I posted this picture on FB and my friend Patty said "you came all the way to Utah to make pies in a jar? " 

OF COURSE I DID!!!! and I would do it again too.. OK maybe another project but I hope to have another craft/cooking day the next time I am in Utah..

I am so grateful for Kathy for her kindness with ALL she did for me when I was in Utah.. I could have NEVER completed this project if it were not for her.. SHE IS ONE AMAZING WOMAN!!!

maybe one day I can emulate her..

No comments: