Saturday, August 3, 2013

Keli Travels

After my session at the Brigham City Temple, My friend Kathy's son Dan and his new wife Tara and their baby Emma came picked me up. I was lucky that they were driving through on the way to Cache Valley. I am so lucky to know the Bright family.. I am grateful for Dan and his wife for picking me up and so grateful to see Kathy... seeing Kathy makes me so happy ... just so happy I can barely put it into words I love that woman.. and she makes me feel like I am home.. and that.. is a great feeling..

We drove into Logan,Utah and met Kathy at The Tandoori Oven which is an Indian restaurant in a gas station.. like you can walk out of the restaurant right into the gas station.. which is also a convenience store.. pretty nifty..

THE FOOD WE GOT THERE WAS DELICIOUS!!!! and it was a nice conversation.. 

http://www.tandooriovenlogan.com/

After that Kathy was nice enough to let me stop by DownEast.. I swear DownEast gets me every time...you think...wow.. I can't believe this is THIS cheap and it looks like something they sell at J.Crew or some other store that is WAY more expensive.. then you realize that it IS that cheap.. I bought a cheap ring there that I broke the next day .. just trying to get it off the package.. and I got a dress there in their "flea market section" they had a big tent set up outside with all sorts of stuff.. that dress doesn't fit me right.. I don't know what is up with it..but SOMETHING...

but I did get a cool skirt there...

I mean for all the FAILS they have it is worth it to go there because every now and then you find some cute stuff there that actually fits and lasts..here is a link

http://www.downeastbasics.com/

after that we went and got some food because the next night I was going to have people over to Kathy's house for a bonfire dinner... 

by that time I was SO EXHAUSTED.. I could barely think... 

and where was ALL THE ORGANIC STUFF!??? Kathy was like all this stuff is organic.. I was like BUT IT DOESN'T SAY?? and she was like CACHE VALLEY BUTTER IS ORGANIC...is it ?? IDK a lot of people up in Cache Valley think that organic stuff is a scam.. here is their website..http://www.cachevalleydairy.com/ maybe it is just a different part of the country.. I mean up there there are no LARGE pieces of paper with cute writing proclaiming ORGANIC and LOCAL!!!! and all this other stuff... lt just is.. and a lot of people just grow it or make it or raise it.. so I guess that is all good..

I did buy expensive hot dogs though..because well you are a fool if you don't... 

after that we headed to Lewiston, Utah.. and you would think after that long day I would be done... but no.. I was not.. I had to start calling people and Kathy and I went over and toured my friends Marian and Vern's new house.. 

IT WAS SO GOOD TO SEE MARIAN AND VERN AND THE KIDS!!!! LOVE THAT FAMILY!!!!!! :)

then I went back to Kathy's and finally went to bed.. that was the end of a very long, but great day!!! :)


BIG shout out to Kathy for letting me stay at her house and for helping me stay on track when I was tired at the grocery store..it is a little different when the nearest grocery store is almost TWENTY minutes from your house.. 

BIG, BIG shout out.. to Dan and Tara and Emma for picking me up at the Brigham City Temple.. 




No comments: