Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Keli Travels

Melinda and I also stopped by Goulding's trading post. Which has got to be one of my favorite places I have been too ...ever.. 

The Goulding's ran a trading post there back in the day. 
Now it is a tourist attraction extraordinaire

you can tour there house..WHERE PEOPLE LIKE JOHN WAYNE WHO CAME THERE TO FILM MOVIES WOULD HANG OUT WITH THEM

you can tour the trading post

there is Native American stuff to look at

there is a restaurant where if you go and get a pink lemonade YOU GET A FREE JOHN WAYNE GLASS.. I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING YOU... in that way Ralph got another John Wayne glass .. and I got a pink lemonade.

there is a ton of stuff outside that  you can stand by  or on and take pictures of.. but there are a lot of tourists and rental RVs around that will be in your pictures.

there is a hotel.. which THANKS TO MELINDA'S PARENTS we did not have to stay at....

there is a gift shop...where I bought Ralph more John Wayne glasses..he has a whole set now.. and other amazing stuff.. like JOHN WAYNE TOILET PAPER... and a Monument Valley shirt .. it is where I got my Forrest Gump shirt.

there is a little museum dedicated to all the movies that have been filmed there.. and it is a LOT!!

there is a little room thing that has GREAT AC that you can go in and every night FOR FREE they show THREE movies... they show two about Monument Valley and the Navajo people.. and then they rotate between three John Wayne movies.

Melinda and I asked if they could play Stagecoach because "it was the first movie that was filmed there" and dude said sure why not..

we watched the first two movies alone and then some German tourists came in and watched Stagecoach with us.. I said "my ancestory is German...but they have been here since the 1700s.. "

they said "so what.. that was over 300 years ago.. you are not really GERMAN"

well.....DUH...

regardless of my ethnicity .. we still had a GREAT time!

I saw swinging doors that were used in some movie.. I HAD TO POSE WITH THEM!!!

and this wagon.. 

John Wayne IS.THE.MAN there..

Melinda had to pose with him too.. I mean it is John WAYNE


this thing was more rickety than the wagon... but I just had to climb up in it...
 John Wayne again

this was Mrs. Goulding's potato cellar..until they used it as John Wayne's house or fort or something in some movie...
a rental RV and me

When we went to the place that sold jewerly ..they said Gouldings sold "junk like John Wayne's toilet tissue" I THOUGHT THEY WERE LYING.. they were NOT...Ralph said it "doesn't seem that great if it wont take crap off anything"

and me! 

till my next post!!!



 

No comments: