Saturday, December 7, 2013

Keli Travels

after a lot of fun doing all that stuff.. Melinda and I had to go pick up her friend and drive back to Salt Lake City. I had a plane to catch back to Virginia the next day. We had to go pick up her friend and I was got a little farther into the reservation the road turned to SAND.. or well it was like sand.. we are lucky we did not get stuck.. I have never driven on sand! so we picked up Melinda's friend and we headed back to SLC.
this is me at Melinda's friends house.. this is his yard.. I liked this chair and his yard so I said "please take a picture of me."
this an abandoned trading post.. I needed more time to explore this!


just me taking pictures out the window of the car.. there are many..MANY more on FB!!!


Then we stopped at "Edge of The Cedars State Park " in Blanding,Utah they had some ruins out back and stuff like this. 

and we stopped here OF COURSE.. Melinda says "she has no doubt I will find the other two and we will go to them" ....
1. is in Nephi.. it is called "Reed's Drive In" we could go to that one when we hit Torrey and Capitol Reef.. cause I think we need to drive down rt15 to get to them.. or well we could just tour Nephi .. cause I bet they got a TON of stuff to do there...!
2. is in Tooele and is called Dairy Delight... I have not told Melinda this.. but I want to go out to Tooele.!
3. IS THIS ONE RIGHT ABOVE IN BLANDING!!!
4. IS in Torrey and it is called Slackers.. um well again we can do that when we go to Torrey..
5. Garden City home town drive in.. is this even IN Utah.. I thought that was ID.. whatever...but I went there.. because you don't live in Cache Valley and NOT go to Bear Lake for a raspberry shake I mean seriously....but.. I will go again!!!
6. is in Moab.. but I could not eat that greasy food right after we ate in  Blanding...
7. is in Kamas.. no idea why I would need to drive through Kamas..  but um........yeah.. I guess why not...
8. is in Beaver.. not sure that I even know where Beaver IS.. like is it near St. George?? I have been to St. George...
9. is in Roy - I would totally go to that one because that one is a double wammy it was ALSO on diners drive ins and dives!!!!
10. is in Price.. but again I am not stopping in Price for greasy food. I mean one can only take so much GUILT in one day FOR REAL...

so there you go I did not even give you a link to click on... but guess what else we found!!!??

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! it is outside the John Wesley Powell museum which we did stop by because Green  RIver Utah is famous for watermelons!!!!

then we drove back to Melinda's and I somehow stuffed all my stuff into my suitcases and the next day flew home to VA...

now it is time for us to plan when/where we are going in 2014.. I am starting a new job in January..as soon as they tell me when they are going on vacation then I can plan WHEN then we just need to plan WHERE...??

any where you guys think I should go??

where do you want to go Melinda??



No comments: