Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Keli travels

In April 2014, I saw commercials for something called Awesom-Con in DC. I knew I had to go. I am lucky to have a friend named Rob Radune because he was kind enough to be my benefactor. We also got to drive down there in his sports car. We got there and the line was long. We went out to breakfast thought it may get shorter, nope it got longer. It wrapped around the building like five times. We are lucky in the fact that it was steady moving.
 here is one shot of the line. There were a lots of people dressed up. I even saw someone dressed as Carl with pudding! Rob wore a shirt with something on it. I am embarrased to admit I forgot what it was. I dressed how a woman would dress if she were a survivor from The Walking Dead. 

 Later on the metro, I told someone that and they said " yes! like Beth!!! Beth wears boots like that with capri's .. like well yes.. 

it was also a bit of an awkward moment when you realize your hair is shorter than Daryl and Carl's hair yet.. so you can't be them.. in retrospect I think I could have done my hair like Glenn.. maybe..

 We saw very cool, important things like this Buzz Lightyear made out of balloons.
 

There was a lot of stuff for sale like 
 This Walking Dead skirt. I did not get it but I did get a bracelet and  bow. 

 This Breaking Bad skirt. 

 autographed pictures of Norman Reedus playing Daryl Dixon. 
 We saw a lot of celebrities there that you could meet and get your picture with. We saw Sophia and Oscar from The Walking Dead. We talked to Oscar and we talked to the guy that played Shumpert. 

Rob, talked to several celebrities and bought a book from a couple. 

 Rob also got his picture taken with Erin Gray this was a surreal experience. She sang The Silver Spoons songs with us. The mom from Silver Spoons sang The Silver Spoons song with us. So freaking cool! She looked amazing and classy and beautiful in person too. 

The more currently famous celebs were behind CURTAINS like you could not even see them and the others had such long lines of people that I could not see them. We did see some lady Rob knew but we were not allowed to take her picture. 

Carol and T-Dog AND Michonne were there and I could not even see them. No offense to Carol and T-Dog but I REALLY wanted to at least SEE Michonne from a far.. nope the line was too long and too deep from where Rob and I were, we could not even get close enough to see them. 

I did get to meet Xander from Buffy. I did not have $40 to get my picture taken with him.. but Rob took a series with his phone. 
 WHAT IS UP WITH THAT WOMAN ON THE PHONE.. um you are sitting by XANDER... do you KNOW WHO HE IS.. hello !? 
I am all like, I LOVED BUFFY! I love you on Criminal Minds! and he is probably thinking omgosh can I have your number, I am single and just a couple of years older than you! We should totally date and get married.. I just know that is what he is thinking.. 

as for those other two people no idea... but what he did say was .. do you want a picture. I said no, I can't afford one. He said, I can give you a hug for free..

When does one become famous enough to have to state something like I give hugs for free??





THANK YOU ROB ! for taking this whole series of pictures!!!! 


Also another cool thing... I found this lady that would draw a comic of you for  $5 I got one drawn of me like a survivor from The Walking Dead.

 How freaking cute is this! I have a crossbow..and The prison is in the background.

 Rob and I had a great day at Awesome-Con.. 

Thanks for everything Rob!!!! 











No comments: