Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Keli travels

In May the the embassies of DC have an open house. Several open up to introduce us to their culture, traditions, music and food. In May 2014, Michelle, Margret, Thomas and I went. 
We were waiting outside of Trinidad and Tobago and I decided to try on this head dress. 
 side view 
 then I got Margret to try one on.

 the group with this free flag that we got. Margret, Thomas, me and Michelle. 

 then we went to Peru.
 for a dollar you could pet these Peruvian Llamas.
 so of course I did. 

awww! 

they also gave us some Inca Cola 

They had a place for us to take selfies 

 We had a lot of fun in the Philippines.

 we saw them carve watermelons and cantelopes. 

 I dressed up in this amazing outfit. 

 check out Thomas he is eating a bean flavored popsicle that they gave us to try. 

 yay Philippines!!

 here I am with some ladies from Kazakhstan.

 I felt like I was Michonne!!! 

posing by a rug with all the tons of free stuff that Kazakhstan gave us.

 The Australian line was long. They gave us free food and had people to entertain us though. 

 like this guy playing a didgeridoo...
 and this kangaroo.

 We went to a hotel that had several embassies in it. Like Uganda

 and Fiji.

 Fiji says that they are the happiest place on Earth. 

 Columbia gave us more soda and lollipops. 

 plus they had this photo opp! 

 I was so happy to go to Botswana because I love the series The Number 1 Ladies detective agency that is set there. 

 Mozambique gave us lots of free food! 



 We ended the day in Argentina! 

So much fun at Embassy Day 2014. It was my second year going. I look forward to going in 2015! 































No comments: