Thursday, August 28, 2014

Keli travels

In August 2014, I had to go into DC. I left work in Herndon, VA and went over to the Reston station. It sometimes felt like this would never, ever open. It was surreal growing up here and going to Reston countless times to get on the metro there. 

Even more surreal is the fact that the founder of Reston the person that designed and planned the whole town is still alive! He is 100. He was able to see and maybe even ride the metro from the town he planned, that is so very cool. 

 Here is the post. This is the last stop on the Silver Line as of now. They will be going all the way out to Ashburn in the future. 

 
THE SILVER LINE IS ON THE MAPS!!!!! the above map is with the Silver line and all of the distances to places and the bottom one is a close up.

It was so neat to go on the metro and see The Silver Line everywhere. ( without the words coming soon by it) 

 not sure why this Christmas looking bow is on there and I considered moving that wet floor sign.

but WELCOME TO THE SILVER LINE!!! 

 oh and here I am! 

We rode above ground for a long time. I was not used to being on the metro for that long of a time above ground. 

It took a long time to get into DC, but I am glad I experienced riding on The Silver Line. 







No comments: