Friday, August 14, 2009

Field Trip

Here I am by President Benson's grave Aug 2009


Kate and I drove up to Whitney,ID last night which is about 8 minutes from here. Whitney, ID is famous for being the birthplace of Ezra Taft Benson 13th President,prophet, seer and revelator of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints :)


If you look really close you can see me by this sign. you can also see how busy this town is...


Ezra Taft Benson was prophet from when I was 11 -20,I did not join the church until I was 25 though. It is just interesting to me, that IF I had been a member of the church then, I would have know President Benson as well as I know President Hinckley and President Monson.


I also want to mention that President Benson, married a lady that went on a mission to HI :)... he WAITED for HER!...

I found so many cool President Benson quotes that I did list on my FB:)

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm really glad we did that--it was so cool!

Unknown said...

yes it was!