Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Field Trip



MAC :)

For about a year now I have been telling Mac that I would take him on a long walk


1. "clear to Theurers to buy a soda out of the 25 cent machine" we did that :)


2. "to Caspers to get some ice cream"


So on Mon. I went and got him to begin the LONG walk to Caspers, Mac said he did not really want to walk that instead we should ride bikes and I could ride his dad's bike. I thought well.... OK why not:)


So I am biking in this beautiful weather with this daredevil eight year old who is popping back and front wheelies, riding with out hands, with out feet, and putting his feet on the handlebars and saying that "if his mom let him he would do stunts like flip" when I realize that when I have a kid that old I will be like ALMOST 50! I thought WOW I need to exersice DAILY to keep in shape so I can do this with my kids :)


we biked down the huge hill... I was a little scared............. I kept my hand on the brake Mac went down so fast.............. but then when I was almost at the bottom realized that it was not so bad and that it would be fun to do again and maybe I would not have my hand on the brake...... as much :)


We got to Caspers and called Angie, she came down with Jakoby, and Kai and met us there. Mac got a kids dip with bubblegum flavored coating and nerds topping DOESNT THAT SOUND DELICIOUS! I got a brownie sundae that I could not finish by myself




Angie, Jakoby and Kai left and Mac and I started home. We stopped at the Cub River I thought we might be able to get some pictures but it would have been a hard walk down so ... we did not, I did get a picture of Mac standing on a post with a beautiful backround.




Then Mac and I rode/walked our bikes up an even bigger hill to a farm I did not even realize was in our ward boundries called Dragongoose Farm. I had read about this farm in the paper, I just had no idea it was in OUR WARD BOUNDRIES... they had really pretty flowers and cool little statues and path's to walk on and they had cider for sale. Mac bought a half gallon of cider for 4$ which Mac said was a GREAT DEAL! because he had 5$ on him and if he got that he would have ONE DOLLAR LEFT!




So we left and I am happy to say I MADE IT ALL THE WAY UP THAT HILL!!!!!! wooohoo if you live around here you know how amazing that is!!!!!


I am even more happy to say MAC MADE IT ALL THE WAY UP THE HILL CARRYING A HALF GALLON OF FROZEN CIDER!!!!!!!


he INSISTED that he carry HIS CIDER!




We got back to Mac's house, and we all had glasses of some of the BEST CIDER I HAVE EVER TASTED!!




............... next time I am wearing exersise clothes though:)

No comments: