Wednesday, August 12, 2009

gospel

This morning when I had my morning study I found these quotes that I really liked:
"believe me when I say each of us is doing better than we think. We need to recognize and celebrate what we are doing right" ~ Bonnie D. Parkin

"We must not let things that matter most be at the mercy of things that matter least"~ President Harold B. Lee

I also read a story in the Joseph F. Smith manual about how when he was nine and they were camped on the banks of the MO river, they woke up and could not find their oxen and him and his uncle looked EVERYWHERE... so they went back to camp and Mary Fielding Smith his mom was kneeling praying and she prayed that God would help her to find those oxen and that she would be able to get to SLC etc... she told them to go ahead and eat breakfast, they told her that they had all ready looked for the oxen, she just smiled, then she went and asked a local person, he told her that he thought they were in one direction Mary walked in the other direction and shortly found the oxen in some willows

Joseph F. Smith said that this gave him a testimony of sincere prayer...

about a month ago I got up and Spike was GONE which I found wierd because every other time that Spike has gotten loose he has just waited by the front door. so I started driving on the route that Spike and I walk I saw some city workers and they said they had seen a boy between the ages of 11-14 walking with a dog like Spike with a cable wrapped around his waist... so I started driving on the route Spike and I walk on he had no collor on or anything... I got to a four way stop and prayed, Spike and I had been left and right but NEVER straight... I felt like I should go straight which was really wierd for me because we had never been that way I went straight and ONE block later found Spike in someones front yard with a cable wrapped around his waist and a young man and his parents, they said "oh is this your dog" "we thought he might belong to someone".... so for better or for worse depending on how you look at lil boy Spike I took him home...
It gave me another witness of prayer though to know that Heavenly Father DOES HEAR AND ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I just read that Mary Fielding Smith story this morning in the "Mothers of the Prophets" book I saw on your goodreads (enjoying it, by the way). And I say it is a good thing that you found Spike.

Unknown said...

that is amazing that we both read that yesterday!