Thursday, August 13, 2009

gospel

here are some quotes I liked from my morning study:
1. " Now is a time to do what is right, regardless of the consequences that might follow. It is a time to be found keeping the commandments. It is a season to reach out in kindness and love to those who need help. It is a time to be considerate and good and decent and courteous to one another. In other words to become more Christlike" Gordon B. Hinckley

2. "First fill your mind with truth; second fill your life with service; third, fill your heart with love" Thomas S. Monson

I know we have all seen quotes like these before but I just thought that I needed to see them again and hear them again

This story also touched me out of the Joseph F. Smith manual
" I pray that you will know how to approach God in prayer, It is not such a difficult thing to learn how to pray. It is not the words we use particulary that constitute prayer. Prayer does not consist of words, altogether. True, faithful, earnest prayer consists more in the feeling that rises from the heart and from the inward desire of our spirits to supplicate to the the Lord in humility and in faith, that we may receive his blessings. It matters not how simple the words may be, if our desires are genuine and we come before the Lord with a broken heart and a contrite spirit to ask for that which we need"
Joseph F. Smith, that is from his gospel doctrine book

that really touched me, I am really working on my prayers and what I say and how I say it and when I say it and if I really mean it or need it and this quote really pierced my heart.

TODAY I AM GOING TO PRAY THAT I PAY ALL MY BILLS
GET MY HOUSE CLEANER
GET CINDY's BDAY GIFT DONE!

2 comments:

Erin said...

That JFS quote is fabulous, and very timely, as I've been thinking a lot about how to have meaningful prayers. Thank you for sharing it!

Unknown said...

thanks! it is a lifelong process I think:)