Monday, May 28, 2012

Field trip

In November 2011 I took Julian to
"Dinosaur Land" I am not sure where it is SPECIFICALLY but let me just say that it was " out there" like IDK out by Front Royal or something.. "out there" like there was still snow on the ground " out there" and there was none here.. it took me a little over an hour to get there. When we got there we walked around one of the most eclectic gift shops I have ever walked around in .. like ever.. some of the stuff was collecting DUST..and they had TONS of stuff for the " confederate states of America" and " the south" and " the rebels" they also had an extensive collection of stuff to use to make your own moonshine... I am SERIOUS..

We paid a couple of dollars to go out and walk through a bunch of large old dinosaurs that have probably been there my whole life and I am 37..I pushed Julian's stroller up to lots of them and took pictures..
We saw the T-rex eating a pteranodon..which does not go along with the storyline of "dinosaur train" at ALL..there was also a dinosaur that had fell over and instead of picking it up they just moved a couple other ones over by it .. and wrote " epic battle" ..there was also stuff that had a TON to do with dinosaurs like
a woolly mammoth
a very large praying mantis
an octopus
a shark
a very large King cobra
a King Kong.. I asked this lady to take a picture of Julian and I sitting in his hand but she did not get what I meant so I have a picture of us sitting in his hand .. and that is all you can see..you can't tell we are in King Kong's hand..

you know all things you think of when you think of dinosaurs.

When we got back Julia was like wow that sounds like something out of " roadside America" so we looked it up.. in a book she had and sure enough it was in there!!! I mean if that is not a roadside attraction IDK what is.. it was pretty amazing you know...
....and in case you did not realize it I THINK YOU SHOULD GO THERE..
pictures will be up on FB soon!

No comments: