Tuesday, May 15, 2012

reading Keli

I just finished David Archuleta's bio. It was filled with uplifting things but here is one of my favorite thoughts from the book :
  " I look at things differently. I like to believe that you don't need to reach a certain goal to be happy. I prefer to think that happiness is always there, and that when things don't go the way we might like them to, it's a sign from above that something even better is right around the corner. Not winning was almost like a personal lesson on how to stay positive and optimistic. I think that's hard for people to understand. They wonder, " after all that hard work you put in, how can you be happy to be in second place? Why aren't you devastated?"  And the answer to that is,  "Well why shouldn't I be happy? Over one hundred thousand people auditioned and I never thought I would get past the first round. Now here I am, months latr, in front of a million people, in the Top 2. How could that possibly be a bad thing? I may not have won, but there are about one hundered thousand other people who didn't win either. And I was the  runner-up and have a great feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment knowing I did my very best. How could that possibly be a losss? I made it much farther than I thought I was going to, and I got have a musical experience second to none, so at the end of the day, how could I not be completly happy"

David Archuleta 2010

he must be an AMAZING missionary right now!!!

No comments: