Thursday, May 3, 2012

random Keli

A couple of months ago I was leaving my friend Christina's house in Vienna, VA and I saw someone had thrown a hard plastic pool away.. it was just sitting out there like it was "trash" so I put it in my Blazer..
  It was still in there a few days later when I went and picked up Tessa age 8 and Chris age 7 from school. Tessa said what is going on with that pool? I said that I had gotten it off the curb. She then asked if she could use it. I said sure why not.
  When the kids got home from school I asked if they had a hose. She said no. I said that she was going to have to get a big bucket and fill it up with water and then dump that in until she had enough water in the pool.
   Tessa said that the pool was dirty and that first she had to clean it out she asked me how to do that. She said "do I just spray some 409 in it ?" I envisioned Tessa spraying a ton of 409 and then basically just sitting  in the fumes.
  So I showed her how to put soap and warm water on an old rag and then to squeeze it out and then I told her she could scrub out the tub.
 So Tessa did that. then she filled up a bucket of water but that was too heavy so I helped it her pour some out.
  after about three buckets Tessa came to me and asked do you have any tape? I said what kind? She found some Scotch tape.I went out to see what was going on and she said that the pool had a hole in it..
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO so that was why it was on the curb.It had a crack that you could not see unless it had water in it.
           Tessa was trying to put Scotch tape on the crack WITH THE WATER IN THE POOL!!!
     so now there was Scotch tape floating in the pool.
     I said Tessa this will not work you are going to have to dump out the water that is in there and then you will have to dry it with a towel and then you will have to use duct tape.
............at that point Tessa decided that she was done with the pool. I said I don't blame you.
...........so we dumped out the pool and put it on the curb..for some other person that hopefully owns duct tape.

No comments: