Saturday, May 12, 2012

holiday Keli Halloween 2011

For Halloween I dressed up as a ninja mummy Adele...Ok so um not really but Halloween 2011 I managed to pull off THREE costumes for THREE different events.. I am serious!!! so first up
1. Elaine had a party where she asked people to dress in black.. I could not go and just dress in black I wanted to actually dress up.. at the time "rumor has it" that my heart was still somewhat broken so " I sat fire to the rain" and I dressed up like Adele.. all though no one realized it..I am so ahead of my time.. like the year I dressed up as Avril Lavigne and no one realized it.
I had to watch a tutorial youtube to figure out how to get my hair like Adele's and you can check out my pictures they are in my mobile uploads album I think.. but after a lot of teasing and hairspray I think that I did a great job :) I was going for the look she has in the "rolling in the deep" video. If you have not seen that video you can check it out here http://youtu.be/rYEDA3JcQqw 
I tried to do my make up like that too...
some girl that is "popular" with the mid-singles was Kim Kardashian which consisted of her wearing a wig and looking more like Teresa Giudice or whatever her name is than ANY Kardashian..but people went on and on about her.. and well um people did not know who I was .. oh well.. such is life for me in the mid-singles and I realized that awhile ago..

2. My ward had a "trunk-or-treat" I was not going to go because um I don't have a CHILD.. and those things with out children.. are painful for me.. and a bit boring.. then I got a child!!! well Will and Julia wanted to go on a date so I brought Julian to the trunk-or-treat and it SNOWED.. here in VA at the end of October.. that was some of the worse weather that we had all winter if you can believe that.. I dressed Julian and I up like mummies I got us both white stocking caps and I dressed Julian in a white onesie and white tights and myself in a white turtleneck and a white dress over that and white tights and then I got some cheesecloth and ripped it up and safety pinned and tied it all over Julian and I .. how FREAKIN CUTE IS THAT????? SO CUTE!!!!! if you do not remember that picture you need to look it up on FB like RIGHT NOW.. little tiny Julian not even a year old!!
Julian could not walk yet and I had not realized how hard it was to just GET FOOD and sit down and EAT with an 11 month old..after we ate we walked around and different people were sitting outside all around the cultural hall and they were giving out candy..Will and Julia came and picked him up at the church it all went really well :)
3. My friend Elaine's dad was running for school board in Loudoun County, VA. Elaine said that there was a big parade in Leesburg,VA and that we could go to that and pass out flyer's.. I was running out of costumes by this time.. but someone in my ward had given me a bag of stuff to take to the thrift store and OF COURSE I went through the bag first and lo and behold in the bag was a ninja costume for a 10-12 year old boy... and yeah it was skin tight and high water and high sleeves but I marched in the Leesburg parade as a NINJA!!!!!!!! and
I WAS ON TV...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it kind of SUCKS because they were talking about how the Republicans in Leesburg had put up some anti-obama poster and all this other stuff and then they show up a picture of the parade and ME walking in it...
so I was on TV.. dressed as a ninja..
so that was Halloween 2011... I look forward to Halloween 2012 and all the fun I will have...
who or what will I dress up as??
will I have a guy to dress up with me as something?
will Will and Julia have the baby?? will I get to dress up Julian as something.. and if so what??
all those questions will have to wait:)

No comments: