Tuesday, August 28, 2012

crafty Keli


So I was on Pinterest the other day.. and I saw this idea for a DIY bird bath made out of those terra cotta pots.. I thought I CAN DO THAT!!!.. Then I went to the Lowes in Chantilly and they did not have any.. I was like um now what.. because now my heart was SET on making one of those bird baths..
But I was at Lowes so I just decided to walk around when I found THIS! you buy the pieces separate and it comes to ... OK I forgot BUT less than $35.
but I did not want a boring gray birdbath, So I spray painted the bottom purple and the top lime green.
........I have only seen a bird out there once, but I am sure the word is getting out because I built it so that means they have to come.
a couple of addendum's
* I am glad I did not do the DIY one because I added up the cost and it would have been like $ 80 plus.

* sometimes being a single woman in hard.. I had to get this thing OUT of my blazer and then ROLL it no joke ROLL it into my backyard and ALL the way over to the other side I started because that is just where I HAD to have it..but when I got it there I will have to admit, I was pretty darn proud of myself!

No comments: