Wednesday, August 29, 2012

dating Keli

My friends had a dinner last month and told me that I had to find a guy to bring.
So I asked a few different guys and they could not go, Then I went to the Potomac ward hoping to find some guy to be able to go with me. I mean after all it is just DINNER at my friends house...nothing more than DINNER..
So all three hours of church had come and gone and I was walking out, and this one guy started talking to me.

.....Earlier I had met him because I said that I knew someone that he used to date... This is how he started the conversation " So you know this girl I dated?" I said "yes" He said " what did she say about me?" I said " not much just that she dated you and it did not work out" He was like " oh OK" I said " well my friends told me I had to find a guy to invite to dinner would you like to come?" He said " Where is it? I need to be at work, really early in the morning like at 4 AM." I said that it was in Woodbridge about 20 minutes from here.
He said that would be fine.
So he had to talk to two ladies on the way out...then we left.
We walked over and he had a truck...( which is always a plus)
We got in and headed out to Woodbridge. He talked to me the whole way.. These are the things we talked about.
1. He asked me if I was part of any "group" and if I had a clique of friends.. I mean of course I do I am only 38, why would I not want that.. I said " no I sure don't I am like the LAST person that has something like that... I have a lot of good friends but some of them don't even KNOW each other.. He said "well I don't like to date girls that are part of groups, because I was dating  this one girl and she was part of a group and well then I asked out someone else in her group and she got mad at me."
........................................ omgosh.. um OF COURSE SHE DID... HELLO...
I said " well maybe you should have talked to her like did she know you wanted to ask out one of her REALLY GOOD FRIENDS???" 
He said he just wanted to make sure that I was not part of a group..

2. When we crossed over the Potomac River he pointed and said over there is where I keep my boat.. ....................omgosh.. what is it about me meeting guys that have boats.. He said that "we can go out on it ANY TIME, because he is one of the nicest men I will ever meet" ...........HARDLY..
I have realized that anyone that has to tell me that they are
one of the
nicest
smartest
or
funniest
guys I will ever meet is not really ANY of those things..
3.He then told me that he had been dating this other girl and that one time during priesthood he texted one of her really good friends and said " do you want to go out on my boat with me, we could leave right now" and the good friend showed the girl he was dating because she was sitting next to her in RS... and he said that they both got annoyed at him and
he hoped I was not a part of anything like that and that girl did not understand that he is " just a nice guy that likes to take anyone out on his boat" and that girl just HAPPENED to be her really good friend..I said well I would HOPE that who ever I date would want to take ME on his boat before he thinks of taking anyone ELSE.. and would not think to invite my best friend with out inviting me. I said that I like to date guys that like to spend time with me.

So we get to dinner and he is like the perfect man at dinner.. I am not kidding he was like the best guy you could ever imagine. He came right on in and started helping my friend cook. He had great manners. When I was done he cleared my plate and his plate.. then everyone elses plate and washed all the dishes..

My friends and I were going to play a game but he said that we  better not stay for that, because he had to get up really early in the morning like 4 AM to go to work.

My friends all said to me " he is so nice!" " bring him back anytime" and one guy said "he is a keeper"
I said nothing to any of this but hmmm because I thought I have met a LOT of really nice guys that are SUPER nice the first time.. being nice ONE night.. it does not mean much to me anymore.. they need to be nice CONSISTENTLY a lot more than one night.. but I will admit one night, is a start.

So by this time he had already told me that he had been married twice and he told all my friends that too. He also said that a lot of girls in the Potomac Ward don't want to date him because he has been married twice...

So on the way back I was talking and at one point in the conversation I realized he was not able to keep up with me.. like he could not pick up what I was putting down.. or was just not listening..

We got back to the church where my car was and he then talked to me for 3 or 4 hours about all his problems, like I was a counselor and I am NOT a counselor so I really did not know what to say ..

He told me all about his first marriage and why that failed and how he felt about it..

He talked IN DEPTH about his second marriage and why that failed

He was talking to me about all the stuff HE DID WRONG and what THEY DID WRONG and cussing and almost crying at points..

I was just like mmmhmm , omgosh.. wow I am sorry.. well that is not good.. well you have to move on..

I had no idea WHAT to say half the time..like I thought he had to go to work early and that is why we left my friends house early??

He said that he had " made out " with several women in the Potomac Ward..but they are " not really his type"

He told me all the stuff he does that he should NOT be doing.. and said he has done more bad things in his life than I can imagine.. I said I doubt that.. and I am not going to judge you on what you DID just on what you are doing..He said no, Keli I have done some really bad things" .. then he told me lots of them..

I told him a couple things about myself to help him to know I understood.. but I don't even think he was LISTENING..

then after he had ranted and raved about his ex-wives and women in the Potomac Ward and his life and told me how much money he makes and how he has a really good job..

He said that he really wants to take me out on his boat and " well he is super busy but HOPEFULLY
Friday or Sat. or Sunday.. but  he is super busy.. and his friend may die soon and he may have to go to that person's funeral.. He said he would text me soon and call me as SOON as he knows his work schedule and we would go out on his boat..

So I got out of his truck and he was like " Keli don't give up on me, I am just really busy, but I really want to take you out on my boat because I am a nice guy and well I really want to take you out on my boat"

about three days later he called me when I was on my way home from work. I said " Hi how are you?"
He said "I just called to tell you I am busy so um yeah bye"  I said "ok well how was your day?" He said "I just called to tell you I was busy so yeah um bye" I said "OK" well how is your life? is your friend OK you said your friend may die?" He said " oh yeah she died.. um thanks for asking so I am really busy so yeah um bye"
I was like " I am so sorry.. " He said well I am so busy so I just called to tell you I can't go on my boat this week, because I have to work, so maybe next week"
I said " well are you coming to institute tonight" He said yes but he would be late
I said I would be too..

So I went to institute and saw him there.. and after class I thought we would chat some so I walked up to him and said " Hey how are you " he saw me and said " oh hi" like he had never seen me or met me.. he did not even make eye contact with me.. he walked right over to a woman in her FIFTIES ( he is in his mid-thirties) and spent the whole rest of the night sitting in a corner chatting with her.. talking to NO ONE ELSE..which is fine.. but sometimes I think if you are having that good of a conversation at institute .. go somewhere and chat.. get to know the person ask them on a date.. move it forward..

It looked like she was giving him advice .. so maybe he was telling her all his problems.. He told me that He used to go to counseling THREE times a week!!!! one with his wife, one by himself..to work on his own issues, then the MFT again to work on their issues but by himself..
I just don't even know what to say about that but he is lucky he has insurance..

So when I left I went over and said goodbye to both of them and she was like " bye Keli!" all friendly because she thinks we are friends .. but we are not because I KNOW she has talked about me.. like saying I annoy her or something like that..and he just waved at me .. like he had never met me..

I am glad I spent all that time 3 nights previous to that listening to ALL his problems..

Since then I have not heard from him...but I am so sure he is just busy and going to call me any minute RIGHT??

on a side note, I asked him Sunday night " why are your records not in the Potomac Ward?" He said that he just BARELY got his divorce finalized and well he just did not want to deal with all the stress of moving his records.. that is super stressful to give the bishop his info and have it sent there via the Internet..
He said "he does not want to be on Bishop Larsen's radar and if he moves his records there he would be and he does not want to be.."
I said "where are your records right now?" He said that "he guessed back in the state where he had lived as a married man.. " I said "they might have been sent to SLC by now"

He said that he does not wear his garments right now, because he just does not want to because well he does not, and he has done a lot of bad things but he really doesn't want to and wants to get married in the temple because he thinks that the third time he can really make it happen...

He said Bishop Larsen is probably not concerned about him anyway since he wants all of us women to marry non-members and that makes him feel like S...
......and on and on and on..He said so much stuff my brain was like on overload...

and just think I COULD HAVE HEARD MORE !!!!TO BAD HE WAS TO BUSY TO TAKE ME OUT ON HIS BOAT.. to freakin bad...

No comments: