Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Like A Detective

I have always wanted to try gelato, but seriously who hasn't I mean it is in those RECTANGULAR BINS! and a stunning array of colors and flavors and you can actually SEE it and it just looks so tantalizing a little different than ice cream down in those bins with a little cardboard name..or yogurt in a machine with a name attached to the machine. No gelato looks amazing it is like self-advertising right there.
I have been wanting to try some for awhile but it is never the right time or the right place. In my church congregation, all the singles meet together on Monday nights for FHE ( family home evening)  We are like a family.
The person in charge right now is named Sarah, I suggested to her that we try gelato for FHE. I thought I am always putting it off, now I would not anymore
Sarah found a place in Vienna, VA called Plush Gelato. It is on 123 in the heart of Vienna.
The parking is kind of tricky, I found a place but a man that was not looking almost hit me when I was pulling in.

I walked into the gelato place, and my friend Kristen was waiting. There are about 6 tables or so and they offered about 10 flavors. The man behind the counter was very friendly and let us try as many flavors as we wanted.
I ended up getting coconut and peanut butter. I love peanut butter the guy behind the counter said he loved coconut so I got more coconut than PB..but oh well..
three other girls, Fiorella, and Gina and Kelly M. showed up and two guys, Bailey and Eric came. Everyone said that they liked their gelato.

Here is my only issue.. I got two big scoops in a cute little cardboard bowl. but it was FOUR DOLLARS...that is a little much IMO.

so my verdict is gelato is good..but EXPENSIVE

http://www.plushgelato.com/

they also served coffee but you will have to ask someone else about that..

No comments: