Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas Caroling

I took my friend Marian & Vern's kids CHRISTMAS CAROLING!!!!!!!!!! so it was me, Jaci age 9 and Justin age 7 We went to several houses in my ward. We made bags of candy bags for everybody. We started out at Jill's. She invited us in and told the kids how cute they were and gave the kids more candy to take with them than we brought her! We then went to about The Bishops, The DeFriez's, The Nielson's, The kid's house, Rachael's house, The Rivera's house, and of course we hit SUGAR LANE! It was so cold outside!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only SEVEN DEGREES and I wore a dress! how silly am I? At every house we started out singing one song ( usually Rudolf or Jingle Bell's) we then asked if they had a request if they said they did not know then we had a back up song (usually the above songs or Silent Night) then we sang we wish you a merry christmas and gave them a bag of candy. When we were at Rachael's house Taylor requested " I love to see the temple" when she sang it she said "cause the temple is a house of God a house of sleeping beauty" hahahaha it does kind of look like somewhere that Sleeping Beauty would live. When we were on Sugar Lane. We went to Arleta's I am so glad we went there she was so happy to see us she invited us in and gave the kids some cookies and was just so so so so happy! We then went to the Peterson's where Jeremy and Mac and Jakoby serenaded us back and sang with us with sign language. THEN we finally met up with my friends who, since my cell phone died I had no idea where they were, we went to the Morris's then we all went over to the Nebeker's and along with the Adams and the Caudles had some yummy hot chocolate and cookies and the kids made some cute ornaments.:) It was a cold and fun night! we were out from like SIX TO NINE! how crazy is that?

2 comments:

Erin said...

I loved the "sleeping beauty" moment - priceless. I think a lot of kids had at least one song wrong. I thought with "love one another" that "by this shall men know" was "by this Shal minnow" (like a fish), and it kind of confused me.

Unknown said...

the kids also wanted to go to someone house I used to date and sing "last christmas" I said NO!:)