Friday, January 2, 2009

gingerbread houses

I had this great idea to make home made gingerbread houses this year so I got together with my friend Rachael and her kids Taylor and Johnny. Rachael found a recipe and started making the dough and I made the icing. The kids put icing on some Pepperidge Farm Gingerbread cookies that Rachael bought at the outlet store...... turns out making a home made gingerbread house is HARD! Rachael could barely get her roof on and I think that she might have hot glued it on:) So the next night I went to Lee's and got a gingerbread kit that cost around 12.99. Rachael said with all the trouble she had that it was worth it! It came with everything.... and everything kept getting caught in my long nails and I only decorated one half the house so it looks a big ghetto... BUT I MADE A GINGERBREAD HOUSE! I did take some pictures of Rachael's house and my house and Johnny Boy with our house's but my phone broke loosing those pictures:( I will try and take some of my house tonight before it gets dismantled :)

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm excited to see pictures! And the kits sound like a great idea. Last Christmas, I tried to make them out of graham crackers and frosting, and it didn't turn out cute.

Unknown said...

I will try and take some. If you want I can mail you a kit next year if you can't find one there:)