Saturday, April 3, 2010

Field Trip

I went to the beach on of the weekends in March to visit my friend Danielle. I left after swimming lessons. Sat.morning and I got down there at about 2pm ish...

Danielle and I went out to eat at a restaraunt called The Jewish Mother that is down right near the ocean. They sell soups, sandwiches,salads that kind of thing there. Here is the website :http://jewishmother.com/ I got a sandwich called The Mothers Mother. Which was chicken salad, apples, avocado, muenster cheese, etc on rye bread SO GOOD! Danielle had a quiche. They had amazing looking desserts there but after spending 10$ on a sandwich I did not have enough money left to get a dessert but someday I MUST!

We went and picked up Danielle's daughter Vanessa at her job at KFC and dropped Danielle off, and picked up Spike, Vanessa Spike and I went over to a park called Great Neck Park on the internet this park said it "walking trails" they were, but they just led from on pavillion to another and down to a big gazebo. I was looking for something a little longer to take Spike on so Vanessa and I drove over to Mt. Trashmore. This is a VERY popular park in VA beach and it was PACKED!!!! I was worried about taking Spike somewhere so crowded but he did OK.

there were not many white people there or people or any other nationality but lots and lots of black people. I might have seen like 5 other white people and 5 other people of other nationalities.
the black people there did not like Spike, here are some things that people said to me.
1. This one lady that was walking way over on the other side of the trail said to me "YOU BETTER CONTROL YOUR DOG!!!!" I said I am... she was like mmmhmm sure..like are you kidding me you are way over there?????he is JUST WALKING!!!???
2. another lady said " WHO IS WALKING WHO?"??? I ignored that one...
3 a man said "THAT MY DOG BE BREATHING LIKE BIGGIE SMALLS"?????????????

I just don't know I really just don't know.... we managed to make it around the whole lake without Spike pooping anywhere. Which is awesome since I did not have a bag...

After that park we went back to Danielle's and dropped off Spike and picked up Vanessa's friend Charles and Danielle and we all went down to the oceanfront. Vanessa and Charles walked around on the boardwalk and Danielle and I played mini-golf at a place called Pirates Paradise. Here is the website:http://www.piratesparadiseminigolf.com/ We had a nice time there, Danielle made two hole in ones, but somehow I beat her I have no idea how??? It was a little breezy so it was not crowded there were people in front of us but not in back of us, I bet that place is PACKED in the summer though.

We went back to Danielle's and Vanessa and Charles took Spike on a long walk. I thought that we were going to watch Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of The Crystal Skull but the electricity went out at Danielle's house and I read some by candlelight and then went to sleep.

I had never realized before how important it is to know where candles matchs and something to light them with was. I am locating all that stuff at my moms house so when the electricity goes out we will be prepared. :)

The next day I went to church in VA beach it was stake conference for everyone from PA to NC. GLADYS KNIGHT WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!! she was in town and her group was there and her busses, and I did not see her but she was THERE. I did not go back for her show later but I HOW COOL IS THAT? I have been to church with Marie Osmond, and The Osmonds second Generation and now Gladys Knight...!

Spike and I drove home and all went well what a nice trip :)

No comments: