Thursday, April 22, 2010

Field Trip

spike messing up my new shoes...
Keli, Chris, Beth, Spike and Dylan

I went to Sky Meadows State Park in Delaplane,VA this past weekend with Beth and her sons, Chris and Dylan.


It is a beautiful drive up 66 through the "mountains" when we got there we went into the gift shop where I bought a sticker that says something about hiking Sky Meadows that I plan on turning into a magnet when I get it back from Beth because I left it in her purse.


We took a little hike on an interperitive trail, it was a little over a mile. There were a lot of signs to read that told us what we were seeing or what we should be looking for.


While on our hike, Chris started collecting rocks, he collected so many that his pants started falling off when I later saw how many rocks that Chris has collected I was shocked! I think that he could get in the Guiness Book of World Records for most rocks put in pants or something...


Dylan and Chris both had fun finding sticks and beating up things with them :)


Beth and I had fun watching them and walking
and Spike had a fun time messing up my shoes... with MUD!
after our hike we drove into the tiny town of Upperville,VA that I think that I could live in because it has
1. a little market
2. a TINY library
3. a THRIFT STORE
4. a restaraunt
5. gas station
6. a couple of B&Bs
I mean what else do you need for REAL!?
we got dinner at the little market and drove back to Sky Meadow for an astronomy program.BUT it was not starting for awhile and it was colder than we thought so we drove back to the little market got dessert
we then went and visited my dad who has set up his apartment like a museum. not sure why but he has, maybe he should start charging admission.
after that we drove back home:)
so in that day we went to,
1. Fairfax,County
2. Loudon,County
3. Prince William County
4. Faquier County
what a busy day:)


No comments: