Friday, April 30, 2010

ME!

So living back here where I grew up I am reminded of random things all the time.
Here is a memory I have of jr. high, I went to Rocky Run Middle School in Chantilly,VA. I now drive by it every day on my way to work.

When I was there from 7th -8th grade which was 87-89,it was VERY instyle to do your hair very large, you would curl the bangs up and then hold the sides out and spray a ton of hairspary on them, hairspray in an aerosol bottle, we used a lot of Aquanet...Sad to say but some people still do there hair this way if you do then stop it is out of style PLEASE STOP NOW!!!

anyway one day I came to school and all of the popular girls had worn there hair just flat and worn sweats- my hair was still large -so everyone that was popular had called each other that morning or the night before and said hey wear your hair flat and just wear sweats... I felt devastated.... I was trying to pretend I was popular and that I was friends with those girls but here was real proof that I was NOT... NO ONE HAD CALLED ME to say wear your hair flat... I was so embarrassed, I mean I couldnt just walk home and put on sweats and brush out my hair... all though I did try ....

I remember standing in gym and looking at those girls like what the??? why did no one call me I thought I was cool I seriously did why did no one call me??? I don't get it WHY ARNT I ONE OF THEM!!! I VOWED THAT DAY THAT I WOULD ONE DAY BE THE ONE THAT CALLED PEOPLE AND MADE PLANS!!!!! ME!!!

anyway that was a long time ago but the funny thing is ... I became that person, the party planner, the dinner giver, the person that is like hey lets all do this and people do it... and you can trace it all back to big hair... crazy huh???

No comments: