Saturday, June 12, 2010

holiday

I would love to post a really cute picture right now of me and my friends baby Emily but I am on a Mac right now at the house I am babysitting at and it is amazing that I am even able to do this.. the page is getting all crazy and I am having a hard time scrolling up and down...so moving on :
Memorial Day Weekend 2010~
most of the LDS mid-singles from my area went to Duck Beach, I did not... various reasons... I went on the ghost tour, I watched "John Tucker Must Die with Beth and Alex and on Memorial Day itself, I went to the cemetery and put flowers and flags on graves and that is what I am going to tell you about.

My friends Rob, Erin and Emily Cowles met me at my house and we drove into Loudoun County we passed through Aldie, VA which has an old mill that I would love to go to and take pictures and some old shops it would be fun to browse through. On the return trip we stopped at a market there and got some delicious BBQ sold to us by an Indian man he said that if I looked him up on Trip Adviser that I would see that his place got all four and five stars... I thought wow... um so do most of the places I go lately...

so we are driving past HUGE ESTATES in Loudoun Country and according to the directions on google maps we were supposed to turn on "Jeb Stuart Rd" we did and it was a narrow gravel road that I was a bit scared to drive my Blazer down because I had no idea what would happen if someone came the other way. We passed a sign that said that there may be high water on the road and if there was it may be unpassable. so we are driving when all of a sudden we are at a SMALL RIVER... there was a guy there with an old time camera and to girls in old time bathing suits posing for pictures, I asked if I could drive my blazer through it and he said sure if I drove through really fast and didn't mind if it came up to my doors... I thought well I consider myself adventurous and a wanna- be country girl but I am not adventurous enough to want to drive my Blazer through door deep water, even if I was driving really fast. The guy was nice enough to help me back out and give me better directions to the cemetery since google maps did not mention that one of the roads had a river in the middle of it.

we arrived at the cemetery and besides being VERY HOT and HUMID it was a nice day. I put flowers on my grandparents graves, and my great-grandparents, and my great-great grandparents grave, I put flowers on my great-aunts and uncles graves and my second cousins graves and my third cousins and great-great aunt and uncles graves. I put a flag on my second cousins grave that died in Iowa Jima, I put a flag on a lady that served in WW2 and just died in the 2000s and had no flag, and I put a flag on my great-great grandpas grave even though technically it should have been a rebel flag. The last time I went to this cemetery I was with Kumen and it was raining and we could not find my great-great grandpas grave so I am happy that I was able to find it this time.

on the way back home I stopped at a little stand and bought a really cute cactus plant for Justin's apartment and some duck eggs that the guy convinced me to buy then I was to scared to try them and they are still sitting in my house. I love the country and miss it so much. It was a really nice day with Rob and Erin and baby Emily.

I am grateful for the people that served our country and helped make this the land of the free and the home of the brave. I am grateful for my ancestors and who they were and I look forward to the day when we are all linked together in one family chain. I am grateful for temples and family history work and for the amazing feeling to know that while walking around that cemetery I HAVE DONE THE WORK FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY MY ANCESTORS THAT IS BURIED THERE! :) Families can be together forever with Heavenly Fathers Plan I always want to be with my own family and the Lord has shown me how I can.... :).... My family is not perfect but they are mine and again I am grateful I did the work for them... still preparing most carefully so I can marry in Gods temple for ETERNITY and have my OWN forever family:)

No comments: