Monday, June 21, 2010

Field Trip day 2

I woke up at FIVE AM!!!! the sun was beaming down into my tent, I saw the time and went back to sleep several times, until I went over to see what was up with breakfast, since this was a ward activity for the Crystal City ward, we only had to pay 20$ and all the food was provided. They were making egg burritos with red pepper and onion.
I DO NOT LIKE ONIONS
Justin does not like peppers.
so I waited and waited and waited while they made like four batches of those for them to make a plain batch,After breakfast everyone was on their own, they had bag lunchs that you could pack but other than that you could do whatever.

there were several little less than a mile flat hiking trails that you could go on, I did not do any none of them looked very exciting.

I went to the visitor center and got a magnet... OF COURSE...

Justin got ready and we headed down to the beach, they have a guarded man-made beach there.

the water was warm, and you could swim out in 20-30 feet water and go down to a slide that was on a platform, guarded by a lifeguard... that was a bit scary but VERY COOL!!!! Justin and I swam and played around for a long time before anyone else even showed up, we hung out with the group some... and then we rented a peddle boat and peddled it to the other side of the lake and back... that was all right, I thought it was going to be a lot more fun than it was, but it was a LOT OF WORK...,which is good because I had eaten six pieces of bacon that morning..

after the beach, Justin and I drove about a half hour to the other side of the lake where it is like a resort, they have a really nice hotel over there and tons of restaraunts and mini-golf where you go through a western town, an arcade and lots of other fun things to do, we went in several stores and we are both upset that we did not buy a shirt that says Smith Mountain Lake.

we drove back and took a nap then hung out with the group and chilled and talked,

then went to everyone went to bed

except Russell and that girl who stayed up all night talking again... but this time not over by us...

No comments: