Sunday, June 13, 2010

Field Trip

Justin,Spike and I went to Belle Haven Marina in Alexandria,VA today and had a picnic.

We drove about five minutes from his house and there we were on the Potomac River with AMAZING views of The National Harbor. We found a picnic table in a shady area and had our picnic of

swiss and colby cheese, Ritz crackers, chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling cider.

after the picnic Justin took a nap and I went for a walk with Spike and checked on boat rental prices because Justin wants to go back there sometime and rent a boat or a kayak or a canoe.

I came back and found Justin still resting.
We then went back to his house and hung out there for awhile, before I had to leave to go and baby-sit.

When I was preparing for my picnic. I was a bit distraught for several reasons
1. In Utah I had a super cute picnic basket with plates, utensils, all that stuff in it
2. I had SO MANY COOL GLASSES we could have drank that sparkling cider out of it...
3. I had SO MANY CUTE COOL BLANKETS that Justin could have been laying on...
I am sad I DONT HAVE ALL MY STUFF... and that I had to give away all my stuff or most of it or sell it... I JUST REALLY REALLY HOPE THAT SOMETHING HERE is worth giving away/selling/ loosing all that stuff it took me thirty-five years to acquire..

I was having those thoughts when different thoughts came to my mind.
1. I am glad I am alive after my car accident and that Spike is alive those things are worth ALL MY STUFF
2. I only used that picnic basket ONE time in TEN years in Utah.
3. I used those glasses a lot like everytime that all my regular glasses were dirty, I used those other ones.
4. I used that blanket ALL THE TIME the prime picnic blanket I used that a lot...

I guess what I am trying to say is that I miss Utah I miss my stuff... BUT I am so so SO GRATEFUL I am here...
and I will finish this later

No comments: